- July 31, 2012Five Great California Wine Country Road Trips
- July 17, 2012The Greening of California Wine Country
- July 17, 2012California Wine Families—The Next Generation
- July 16, 2012California-Style Wine Country Restaurants & Farmer’s Markets
- July 13, 2012An Insider’s Guide to California Wine Country
- July 13, 2012September is California Wine Month
SAN FRANCISCO — You, friends and family, a convertible and the wide open California road. What could be a better combination? Pairing it with California wine country, of course! Because there are so many choices, California’s Wine Institute has developed five big road trip ideas to inspire wine lovers, giving them options to pick their favorites and set their pace. And speaking of pace, don’t forget to pace yourself when wine tasting (spitting is more than polite in wine country!) and have a designated driver.
From California’s iconic coast to dramatic deserts and the magnificent High Sierras, the great California road trip is on just about everyone’s bucket list. With a little planning, you can include amazing wine regions in your adventures, from hidden gem off-the-beaten path regions like the Sierra Foothills and Temecula to the most well-traveled, such as Sonoma, Napa and Paso Robles.
Here are five of California’s great wine country road trips that can be done in five days, starting from either San Francisco or Los Angeles. Don’t forget to check out other amenities offered at many wineries, from picnics, bocce ball and concerts to hiking, biking, horseback riding and garden tours. For more information on visiting California wine country go to www.discovercaliforniawines.com. And to help get you inspired, you can also check out this new California Wine Road Trip video: