- August 18, 2016Cheers to California Wine Month this September
- August 04, 2016California Wine Shows Strength in Challenging Economy: 2015 Annual Economic Impact Grows to $57.6 Billion in California, $114.1 Billion in U.S.
- July 11, 20162015 California Wine Sales in U.S. Hit $31.9 Billion Retail Value, 12% increase since 2010
- June 28, 2016Explore Santa Cruz Mountains on a California Wines Road Trip
- June 02, 2016California Wine Country and National Parks Centennial: The Perfect Summer Travel Pairing
- May 19, 2016Explore Livermore on a California Wines Road Trip
- May 02, 2016Second Annual California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards Announced
- March 24, 2016Celebrate California Sustainable Winegrowing During Down to Earth Month in April
- March 15, 2016Explore the Sierra Foothills on a California Wines Road Trip
- February 29, 2016California Wine Exports Set Record in 2015: Worldwide Demand Grows, Despite Strong Dollar
- February 16, 2016Explore Lodi on a California Wines Road Trip
- January 20, 2016Explore Lake County on a California Wines Road Trip
- December 03, 2015Explore Napa Valley on a California Wines Road Trip
- November 12, 2015Explore Sonoma County on a California Wines Road Trip
- October 15, 20152015 California Winegrape Harvest: Early, Light and Exceptional Quality
- October 13, 2015Explore Mendocino County on a California Wines Road Trip
- August 24, 2015Experience California Wine Month this September
- July 02, 2015Top 10 Reasons to Love California Zinfandel
- June 04, 2015Five Great California Wine and Food Road Trips
- May 19, 20152014 California Wine Sales Grow 4.4% by Volume and 6.7% by Value in the U.S.
- May 13, 2015Wine Institute Showcases California Wines for Top Media and Trade from Canada, Europe, Asia and Latin America
- April 15, 2015Wine Institute Launches Sustainable Winegrowing Certificate Course
- April 13, 2015Winners Announced for First Annual California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards
- April 01, 2015Raise a Glass to “Green” for California Wines Down to Earth Month
- February 26, 2015California Wines Fuel $1.49 Billion in U.S. Wine Exports in 2014
- January 22, 2015California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance (CSWA) Receives Governor's Top Environmental Award
- January 07, 2015Great Winter Wine Escapes in California Wine Country
- December 02, 2014"Down to Earth" California Wine Country Recipes for the Holidays
- October 30, 2014Ten Great Places to Hike, Bike and Sip in California
- October 27, 20142014 California Winegrape Harvest: Earliest and Third in a String of Great Vintages this Decade
Join the Fun: Wine Events and Immersion Experiences
Offered Statewide and Beyond
SAN FRANCISCO —In September, ripe grapes hanging heavy on the vine, golden fall sunshine and air filled with fruity aromas can mean only one thing: it’s time for harvest! To launch the harvest season, wine regions and wineries across the Golden State will celebrate the 9th annual September California Wine Month—organized by California’s Wine Institute.
From innovative wine immersion experiences to cool wine events, September is an ideal time to visit wine country, when the creative energy of California’s artisan winegrowers and winemakers meet the grapes and the process of producing the next great vintage begins.
From Sept. 1-30, 2013, dozens of wineries in wine regions across California will host special consumer events and experiences celebrating the contributions of the state’s growers and vintners who are committed to earth- and people-friendly sustainable practices in vineyards and wineries.
Can’t make it to wine country this fall? A great way to experience many of California’s wine regions in one stop is Wine Institute’s “California Wines Road Trip” multi-region tasting events in New York City and San Francisco. In New York City, Friday the 13th will be a lucky day for wine lovers who can sample wines at California Wine Merchants from 5–7:30 p.m. Later in the month, they can attend a ticketed New York City tasting event with more than 70 wines from 10 California regions at the Astor Center on Monday, Sept. 16 from 6–8 p.m. (click here for information and tickets); and enjoy in-store tastings that will take place throughout September across Manhattan and Brooklyn. In San Francisco, wine lovers can taste their way across the state’s regions on Saturday Sept. 21 from 2–5 p.m. in the Grand Hall of the Ferry Building, following its popular farmer’s market (click here for information and tickets).
For more information about California Wine Month and to purchase tickets for the California Wines Road Trip tastings, go to www.discovercaliforniawines.com/californiawinemonth.
About Wine Institute
Wine Institute is the association of 1,000 California wineries and wine-related businesses dedicated to enhancing the environment for the responsible production, consumption and enjoyment of wine. California is the fourth largest wine producer in the world, making 90 percent of all U.S. wine and three out of every five bottles enjoyed in the U.S. Each year, 21 million tourists visit wine regions throughout the state to explore and enjoy the wines, the cuisine and cultural offerings associated with California’s signature industry. September, during California Wine Month, is a great time to visit to experience the annual winegrape harvest first hand. Go to: www.discovercaliforniawines.com for more information.
# # #
NOTE TO EDITORS: The www.discovercaliforniawines.com/californiawinemonth link will be live in mid-July, 2013.